Welcome to synology setup
This page is about installing optional packages from the unslug project on
Synology NAS Diskstations.
I once created/patched an autoinstaller script for the ipkg package manager which runs
on the Synology CS407 (and compatible devices) -- you can still find it in the downloads
section below, but I suggest using the version available directy from ipkg.nslu2-linux.org.
The Synology Wiki lists the
Diskstations with their processors.
Inside each of the feed directories you can also find a .xsh autoinstaller which you can use
to install the ipkg package manager which is then used to install any other package.
- ARMv5: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-x07/cross/unstable.
- PPC_82xx: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ds101g/cross/unstable/
- PPC_85xx: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-e500/cross/unstable.
Alternatively to steps 1-4 you can login to your Diskstation first and download the .xsh script directly with wget.
- download the <name>.xsh script.
- copy the <name>.xsh script to your Diskstation.
- login to your Diskstation with SSH.
- cd to the directory holding the <name>.xsh script.
- run the .xsh file with
ipkg update to retrieve the list of available packages.
ipkg list to see a list of available packages.
ipkg install <package_name> to install a package.
- XSH script for CS407: xsh script
Please be aware that the ipkg packages come from nslu2-linux.org which I have no relation with. I just enjoy their great work.
(r) Synology is a registered trademark of Synology Inc.